A three-decade tale of quintessential triumph!
The MEIL group has evolved itself over the years to establish a global presence and is looking to diversify into new sectors. From achieving a Rs. 100-crore turnover to Rs. 1,000-crore turnover, it has been an arduous journey for the company. Since then, it has leapfrogged to multiples of Rs. 1,000 crore, touching millions of lives through its projects across the globe.
- 1989 - Started as a fabrication unit in Hyderabad
- 1995 - MEE (Megha Engineering and Enterprises), in the role of a contractor, started taking up small projects in the irrigation and drinking water sectors.
- 1999 - Set up Pressure Vessel Division
- 2000 - Started executing projects in different states across India.
- 2005 - Spiral Mill Division, an HDPE pipes manufacturing unit, established.
- 2006 - MEE evolved into the MEIL, a private limited company, restructured to optimise business operations.
- The MEIL began to grow with a diversified portfolio in India.
- 2006 - Turnover crossed Rs 1,000 crore.
- 2008 - Established MFGIL, set up Spiral Mill Plant, and Pipes & Coating Division.
- 2010 - Entered new sectors & markets, globally .
- 2014 - Set up HDPE pipe manufacturing plant.
- 2014 - The MEIL’s 10-MW Canal-top Solar PV Project in Vadodara, Gujarat, made it to the KPMG’s Top-100 innovative projects in the world .
- 2015 - Annual turnover crossed USD 1 billion.
- 2015 - Commissioned 50-MW Solar Thermal Project at Anantapur in Andhra Pradesh. It reduces carbon emissions by 80,000 tonnes pa.
- 2015 - Launched Megha Gas Ltd, one of India’s leading PNG & CNG provider.
- 2016 - Pattisam Lift Irrigation Project in Andhra Pradesh made it to the Limca Book of Records for completion ahead of schedule.
- 2017 - Annual turnover crossed USD 2 billion.
- 2018 - Completed the NP Kunta 400-kV substation project .
- 2018 - Annual turnover crossed USD 3 billion.
- 2018 - Successfully commissioned the WUPPTCL project in Uttar Pradesh. It is the biggest 765-kV AIS substation constructed & commissioned in India by a private developer.
- 2018 - Launched India’s prestigious electrical bus with advanced technology through Olectra Greentech Limited in collaboration with technology partner BYD.
- 2018 - Expanded into defence manufacturing, electric vehicles, onshore and offshore drilling, manufacturing of electric and telecom equipment and City Gas Distribution network projects.
- 2019 - Established the Heavy Engineering Equipment Manufacturing Division
- 2019 - Inaugurated the first phase of the Kaleshwaram project, the world’s largest multi-stage lift irrigation project
- 2019 - Launched India’s First Electric Bus service in Himachal Pradesh for Rohtang Pass, near Manali, at an altitude of 13,000 ft (3,962.4M). It was recorded in the Limca Book of Records.
- 2019 - Executed a gas processing facility at Raageswari, Rajasthan, in a record time of six months
Raising the Bar
- 2020 - Operational presence in over 20 Indian states
- 2020 - Acquired ICOMM and expanded into defence, electrical, telecom and ONGC equipment manufacturing
- 2020 - Acquired Drillmec S.p.A and Petreven S.p.A of Italy, strengthening its portfolio in offshore and onshore oil exploration. It expanded its presence across 60 countries, including the USA, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia
- 2021 - Set up 10 group companies
Sky is the Limit
- 2020-2021 - Annual turnover crossed USD 5 billion
- 2020-2021 – Received Robust Credit Rating – AA
- 2021-2022 – Current direct workforce is 40,000, and the indirect count stands at 5,00,000